I want to thank Natalie of Buster! The Quixotic Area Blogger for nominating me for the Liebster Award.
The Liebster Award is an award that is passed from new bloggers to others bloggers who need more readers. In a blog post, you must answer ten questions, and provide a link to whoever nominated you. It’s an amazing idea that benefits new bloggers by providing exposure and a solid network of fellow bloggers.
Once nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
Include the LEIBSTER AWARD sticker in the post too.
Nominate 10 other new bloggers that have 200 or fewer followers who you think are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can nominate the person who nominated you.
Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
Lastly, copy these rules in the post.
I have to admit that I don’t follow a lot of blogs regularly, mainly because of my work schedule. The two that I follow have already been nominated for this award. I am not going to ask them to answer another group of questions.
Natalie of Buster! The Quixotic Area Blogger I love her blog. I can relate on so many levels!
Brian of Brian Hampton It is a good way for me to keep up with what he is doing.
I also follow John Pavlovitz of Stuff That Needs To Be Said, but I am sure he has over 200 followers. I can’t say enough about what reading his blog has meant to me. I don’t feel so alone on my faith journey anymore, and many of his posts have my name written all over them.
These are the 10 questions Natalie of Buster! The Quixotic Area Blogger requested I answer.
1. Why did you start your blog? It actually began as a book I wrote to give to my two sons about ten years ago. It was a collection of memories of days of my life, from my earliest childhood memory to the present time. My son, Brian, encouraged me to start a blog and helped me set it up, so that I could continue writing about my days.
2. How long have you had your blog? I began on Blogspot.com in 2008, and moved to WordPress in 2013.
3. What inspires you to post? Anything and everything! What keeps me going are the comments of readers who are somehow touched by what I write or who relate on some level to my writing.
4. What’s the last book you read? Church Snitch, by Brian Hampton
5. The last piece of music you listened to? “Help Me Make It Through The Night”, sung by Willie Nelson
6. East Coast or West Coast? I have one son on the east coast, and one on the west coast – can’t choose favorites here.
7. What is the hardest thing about keeping a blog going? Taking the time to think and reflect about what I want to write about. Also, I am working on my second book, and I spend a lot of my free time on it.
8. What is the easiest/most rewarding? Most rewarding is receiving a comment from someone who enjoyed reading my blog. The easiest is when an idea writes itself.
9. What would your last meal be? Pizza, with lots of cheese.
10. If money were no object, what would you be doing? I would be spending half of my time at my beach house, and the other half at my mountain cabin. I would be walking, hiking, collecting shells and stones, reading, baking bread, and writing.